What is Liposuction?
Liposuction, sometimes referred to as “lipo” by patients, slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion. While not every patient is a good candidate for liposuction, it has shown results for a large number of people. We take several factors into account when evaluating patients for liposuction candidacy:
- Skin firmness and elastiicty
- Muscle tone
- Smoking habits
- Overall health
Please keep in mind, liposuction can’t cure obesity, nor can it replace healthy lifestyle habits such as proper diet and exercise. It also doesn’t have any effect on cellulite, the dimpled skin that results when fat deposits push through the connective tissue beneath the skin. Cellulite and loose, baggy skin cannot be treated by liposuction.
What Does Liposuction Treat?
- Hips and buttocks
- Abdomen and waist
- Upper arms
- Inner knee
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
- Calves and ankles
When Should I Consider Liposuction?
You should consider undergoing liposuction if you:
- Have exercised frequently and watched your diet but still aren’t happy with the way your body looks.
- Have an isolated fat deposit somewhere on your body that just won’t go away.
- Lack the confidence you want when it comes to your body.
- Are moderately overweight.
- Have fat in an area of the body that is hard to exercise off.
If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Laughlin, call us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before & After