What is a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, removes unwanted fat and excess skin; resulting in a smoother and firmer abdominal profile. Tummy tuck surgery is an invasive procedure, requiring a fully horizontal incision in between the pubic hairline and belly button. The most common causes of a protruding abdomen include:
- Prior surgery
- Significant fluctuations in weight
When to Consider a Tummy Tuck?
Please remember that tummy tuck surgery is not a substitute for weight loss and should not be considered an exercise alternative. You should consider undergoing tummy tuck surgery if:
- Even after strenous exercise and diet your abdomen is still protruding
- You cannot lose your “pregnancy stomach”
- You have undergone significant weight loss and wish to get rid of the excess skin on your stomach
- You are self concious and unhappy with the protrusion of your stomach
If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Laughlin, call us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before & After