What is Blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure used to improve the appearance of the eyelids. This procedure is commonly used to fix: droopy or baggy upper eyelids, excess skin on the upper or lower eyelids, and bags or puffiness under the eyes among other things. To perform the surgery a facial plastic surgeon will make incisions in necessary areas on or around the eyelids, then remove or reposition existing fat in order to enhance the skins appearance, leaving you with a refreshed and rejuvenated look.
When to Consider Blepharoplasty?
You should consider undergoing blepharoplasty if you notice:
- Puffiness in the eyelids which may actually be fatty deposits
- Dark bags under the eyes
- Excess skin and wrinkles on the lower eyelid
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal the white of your eye under the iris
- Loose or sagging skin on the upper eyelid
- Impaired vision due to excess skin
If you have any further questions, call today to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Laughlin.
Frequently Asked Questions