Working toward your desired body is an admirable goal. Pounds drop off, inches shrink away, and flabbiness turns into toned muscles. You’ve got every right to be proud of your progress. However, you might be within your goal weight and still be seeing persistent fat in certain areas, like your love handles.
At Laughlin Plastic Surgery in Annapolis, Maryland, Dr. Daniel Laughlin provides non-surgical CoolSculptingⓇ therapy to help you finally attain your aesthetic ideal.
Where persistent fat lingers
Every individual is different in how their bodies store fat. Your age, gender, whether or not you’ve ever been pregnant, hormone levels, and more can all affect how your body handles fat storage.
Many areas of the body are prime for fat storage, and we use cute nicknames for these: love handles, saddlebags, muffin tops. As much as we may try to blow off our disappointment in seeing these areas remain pudgy, inside we’re wishing we knew what to do about them.
You can use body contouring with CoolSculpting for all these problem areas, and a few more:
- Muffin top (usually located on your abdomen)
- Love handles (fat on either side of your waist)
- Saddlebags (fat on your lower hips and buttocks)
- Food baby or beer gut (fat at the front middle of your belly)
- Thunder thighs (fat on your inner or outer thighs)
CoolSculpting also works on fat located on your upper or lower back, fat in your upper arms, and fat located under the chin (submental fat).
Body contouring candidates
Dr. Laughlin is very careful about which patients can benefit from CoolSculpting. For body contouring to provide real results, you should:
- Be in good health with no severe medical conditions
- Want to get rid of fat with a non-surgical option
- Be at or very close to your goal weight
- Understand that it can take a couple of months to see final results
- Be clear about what areas of your body you want to target
How CoolSculpting works
CoolSculpting uses cold therapy (cryolipolysis) to target fat cells below the skin surface, gently disrupting them with waves of energy to break them down into what the body recognizes as natural body waste. Your lymphatic system then flushes this waste away over several weeks following each treatment, and slowly the results become visible.
This method is completely safe and non-invasive, with no needles, incisions, or internal tube suctioning. Just one CoolSculpting session can reduce the fat layer thickness by up to 20-25%.
Ready to get rid of persistent fat? To schedule an appointment with Dr. Laughlin, call our office or use our web form to send a private message today.