Weight loss is challenging, and you can be proud of yourself for dropping pounds and inches. As you close in on your goal weight and size, however, you may find some stubborn areas of flab that just won’t budge.
At Laughlin Plastic Surgery in Annapolis, Maryland, Dr. Daniel Laughlin provides non-surgical CoolSculptingⓇ therapy to help you lose those fat pockets and smooth away your bra bulge.
The challenge of obstinate fat
There are dozens of factors that can affect how your body stores fat and where. If you’re a woman, you’ll tend to store fat around your abdomen, on your hips and thighs, and in your upper back, where your bra cuts into the soft tissue and causes a bulge.
These issues get even more likely as you age, especially if you’ve also gone through pregnancy and later menopause and your hormones have fluctuated. Conditions like PCOS and diabetes can lead to weight gain, and taking the weight off doesn’t always restore the body shape you had before.
CoolSculpting can help with persistent fat pockets
If you’re close to or at your best weight but are still glaring in the mirror at unsightly little bulges that prevent a flat, tones profile, body contouring with CoolSculpting can help. Here are some of the most common problem areas you can treat:
- Bra bulges (fat on your upper sides)
- Thunder thighs (fat on your outer or inner thighs)
- Saddlebags (fat that hangs off your lower hips and buttocks)
- Bat wings (fat on the underside of your upper arms)
- Muffin top (fat that pooches out your stomach, making it hang over low-cut pants)
- Food baby (fat that makes the front of your abdomen stick out)
- Love handles (fat that sits on either side of your waist)
- Back rolls (fat just above the buttocks on your lower back)
- Double chin (fat under the chin, also known as submental fat)
If you have any of these issues or more than one, including bra bulges, body contouring could be right for you.
You can get CoolSculpting if…
CoolSculpting isn’t for everyone. Before recommending this option, Dr. Laughlin will carefully review your case and discuss the risks and benefits. Typically, body contouring is most effective and safe when used for patients who:
- Are in general good health
- Don’t have any severe medical conditions
- Are looking for a non-surgical alternative to liposuction
- Are already close to or at their desired size
- Know exactly what part(s) of their body they want to target
- Are clear on the fact that body contouring takes a while to reach full results
Body contouring basics works
CoolSculpting utilizes cold therapy (cryolipolysis). This process specifically targets clumps of fat cells just below your skin's surface. The waves of cool energy disrupt these cells, breaking them down into what the body considers natural waste.
It takes a few weeks but your lymphatic system will flush the remains of the fat cells from your system, but then you’ll be able to see the results and decide if you are satisfied or if you need another round. Each CoolSculpting session can reduce your fat layer thickness by up to 20-25%.
Ready to get rid of that bra bulge for good? To schedule an appointment with Dr. Laughlin, call our office or use our web form to send a private message today.